Head of Workforce Analytics
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset - our people. We use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to predict our future people needs and strategies. We're looking for an experienced Workforce Research and Analytics leader to join our People Analytics and Workforce Strategy team.
The Head of Workforce Analytics will lead a team of Workforce Analytics Researchers and will envision Facebook's future workforce using our workforce data and an understanding of business priorities. This highly impactful leadership role in our People Analytics and Workforce Strategy organization will partner with teams like Location Strategy, Finance, Recruiting, and Headcount Operations to support with proactive and reactive workforce analysis, scenario models, and reports that support and prompt changes in business strategy.
This data-oriented technical role will also serve as an active and strategic partner with various leaders to help them understand their workforce composition, model their future growth and needs, and guide their workforce strategy.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, experience working across a variety of people areas, and experience leading a team of HR data analysts. Depth in forecasting (attrition, transfers, promos), building multi-variable scenario models relative to varying constraints, optimization, and data visualization techniques are of particular importance.
We are looking for someone with strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, who can effectively lead a team, from both a technical and people leadership perspective. For the latter, the ideal candidate will be a strong coach/mentor, help people leverage their strengths, ensure people are growing in their career, and contribute to the overall positive climate in the team.
HEAD OF WORKFORCE ANALYTICS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model workforce scenarios for multiple business strategies, and multiple organizations, all with various constraints (headcount limitations, talent availability, facility capacity) to produce optimized scenarios
- Apply your expertise in forecasting, quantitative analysis, data science, scenario modelling and data visualization to help Facebook optimize its workforce strategy
- Design, build, and maintain data products that support forecasting, reporting, and scenario modeling of headcount data
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Partner with various teams (Recruiting, Finance, etc.) to ensure understanding, and answer questions and understand requirements, for headcount data with particular emphasis on forecasts
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate effectively with, and mentor, other team members
- Lead a global team of workforce analytic researchers ensuring the team is productive, engaged, and thriving in their career (expected travel ~20%)
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- 8+ years of experience in a field emphasizing data analysis, forecasting, or data modelling in organizations
- 3+ years of experience leading others on analytics projects
- Experience with (or equivalent) building data science/machine learning models (GLM, ensembles, neural networks), model preparation and selection (feature engineering, PCA, model assessment), and modeling techniques (optimization, simulation) to build and productionalize multiple models at scale
- Experience with data architectures, data visualizations, and data structures
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics and other people analytics metrics)
- Interpersonal and collaboration experience
- Coaching and people development experience
- Experience communicating technical results to technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of an organization
- 3+ years experience working internally (as opposed to consulting) in a medium to large organization (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.)
- PhD or MS in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Economics, Management, Analysis, or related degree
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SPSS, STATA or Tableau, the ability to troubleshoot others' analyses
- Experience conceiving, developing, running pilot tests, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes and models
- Stakeholder management experience
- Openness to feedback and strong self-awareness
- Experience leading People Analytics or Workforce Planning teams
- Exceptional discretion and judgment
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top