Head of Vertical Industry (Auto, Tech, Telco), Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced sales and marketing leader with demonstrated success managing large business categories on a national and long-term scale. The Head of Vertical Industry will manage the Facebook monetization of the Auto, Tech, Telco vertical channel in the Japan market, directly reporting to the Managing Director.
He/she will also be a key member of the Japan leadership team, participating in across organization decision making. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for the category. They will build and manage a strategically focused / consultative team, supporting the selling of Facebook's advertising solutions to large advertising clients. They'll lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success, dealing with ambiguity, successfully manage teams and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have management experience in an agency or sales environment as well as extensive experience selling cross-network marketing solutions.
- Play the lead role in developing the holistic business of Auto, Tech, Telco vertical channel
- Lead complex initiatives and deliver scalable org improvements
- Work cross-functionally with In-Market teams, Global Teams, Business Operations, Platform, Measurement/Metrics, and Product Marketing to optimize our sales vertical efforts
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of partner needs
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Facebook
- Identify the winning strategies and scale the insights throughout the organization
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing opportunities for new approaches
- Develop and implement best practices for partner and client interaction, supporting sales and services for Facebook
- Manages and develops a team of individual contributors
- Create and lead culture initiatives, such as onboarding/training, and identify and establish ways for growing/maintaining a healthy organization
- Contribute in cross-organization decisions, as key member of Japan leadership team
- 15+ years marketing and sales experience, 5+ years in building and managing high performing sales teams
- Strong management experience and skills with the ability to manage cross-functional teams and people not directly reporting to you
- Demonstrates thoughtful risk-taking, challenges the status quo and confidently drives innovation and change for maximum impact on clients and the org
- Able to prioritize and focus managers and team on most impactful opportunities
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to partners and brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data in to client value
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Relationships with top marketing decision makers at traditional agencies and companies
- Demonstrated success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Motivated to connect to regional leadership and a global team
- Motivates and empowers with optimism and is creative in problem solving
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top