Head of Trust & Safety Operations, WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp Customer Operations' mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp was made for them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues and are strong advocates for WhatsApp users.
We are searching for an instrumental leader to grow and shape out Trust & Safety Operations across multiple sites and staff groups to help WhatsApp keep our platform safe. Successful candidates are demonstrated leaders in the T&S domain with deep experience running operations at scale and building large teams that demonstrate high user empathy and resilience. You love to coach and develop high performing managers. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice with our partners and seen as a thought leader across the company. You are user obsessed, have high business acumen and a product mindset. You have experience leading large global teams and projects, solving hard problems and operationalizing complex work streams. You enjoy being challenged by balancing day-to-day operations, while also identifying innovative ways to drive step function change in how we solve for safety and high-intensity experiences on the platform. You will report in the Director of Customer Operations. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your teams, enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact in how we support our global consumers and businesses.
- Be the trusted advisor for leadership on key business and operational initiatives primarily related to how we improve Trust & Safety and our overall user and support experience to mitigate legal, brand and regulatory risk.
- Define vision, set and communicate team goals, and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals and operations KPIs.
- Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement in the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day service delivery of proactive and reactive Trust & Safety operations in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment across different staff groups and global sites.
- Drive thought leadership to define clear business problems and customer pain points and influence how we prioritize solutions to resolve them.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and partner closely with internal operations functions and across Product, Engineering, Policy, Communications and Legal.
- Be prepared to directly manage large strategic priorities and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver the key milestones.
- Passion for serving WhatsApp users and enabling our mission. Strong empathy for the work the teams do in keeping our users safe and focus on their wellness and overall resiliency.
- Travel: role requires 20-30% travel.
- BS/BA Degree or higher
- Operations domain experience: 15+ years of experience managing operations in domains such as risk operations, product/program management, business process outsourcing
- Knowledge in all success factors for an operation
- Knowledge of core processes, ops management philosophies and best practices
- Demonstrated fiscal management experience in a P&L environment
- Leadership: 8+ years of people management experience, including managing leaders and managing remotely across multiple sites, proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing
- Customer experience thought leadership: Strategic thinker with a proven track record of transforming operations to provide customer experience through innovation and continuous improvement and voice of the customer
- Communication: Experience articulating
- Analytical: Demonstrated track record of making data-driven decisions, establishing operational and success KPIs
- Bilingual, proficiency in additional language(s)
Back to top