Head of Security Partnerships Team
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is rapidly expanding our core product focus into virtual reality, global internet connectivity, commerce and beyond. The security partnerships team provides security leadership to distinct, high impact areas of the Facebook business that are not currently well served by our existing security functions, due to their unique technology, processes or business model. The primary goals of a security partner are to gain a deep understanding of the business and its unique security risks, and to reduce risk or provide competitive advantage by bringing the full weight of Facebook's various security teams to bear on their security needs.We are looking for a strong technical manager who can join our security partners team and be a strong, technical leader. You will work with one of the best security teams in the world, making sure that the data we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for solving complicated business and security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact.While this is a management position, the ideal candidate will possess both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines.
- Manage and mentor a team of senior individual contributors, drive role definition and hire the best in the industry.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and drive the security agenda for Facebook's security partnerships program.
- Partner with leaders across the company, to ensure that information security efforts receive appropriate prioritization and resources.
- Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Drive security risk decisions, and influence technical architecture.
- Identify growth areas for security partners on the team, set clear expectations, and provide frequent feedback while showing care by understanding their experience at Facebook.
- Have passion for real security and be able to positively spread this enthusiasm to partner teams. Check-the-box and compliance driven candidates are not a fit at Facebook.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management and coding skills, and proven ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- A proven ability to communicate security risks and plans to address them to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated technicality across a range of security disciplines – web application, mobile, infrastructure, etc.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press.
- A proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top