Head of Quality, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Head of Quality who will have ownership of our overall quality strategy. Their job will be to establish an uncompromising quality bar for our products and be the experience quality conscience for B8 across the entire customer journey. We are looking for slightly impatient individuals willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office. Travel as required to support the business.
- Be the quality conscience for the organization.
- Own the strategy for driving a quality mindset in and across the organization.
- Establish quality centers of excellence at the component, manufacturing, product, return and fulfillment level.
- Build a team from scratch.
- Be the architect, designer and builder of this team.
- Partner with the Consumer Experience leader to establish clear quality metrics at every stage of the Customer Journey.
- Drive transparency and visibility of key quality data across the supply chain.
- Contract (2yr) quality experts as required by project/product.
- Ownership over quality deliverables at every product milestone.
- Partner with the Consumer Experience leader to define and execute our Beta strategy.
- Drive our SER (Social & Environmental Responsibility) strategy.
- Establish a trusted set of external partners for auditing (Failure Analysis, Analytics, etc)
- Pattern of partnering with engineering and design to deliver a “manufacturing for design” mindset in the organization.
- Leadership experience in managing engineering across the supply chain.
- Proven track record of building teams around abilities that we want to develop and also developing the abilities of our external partners.
- B.S./B.A. in engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in managing supply chain engineering organizations
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a lead role for a global consumer product organization.
- Experience in managing product launches and scaling the technical elements of a supply chain (tooling, fixtures, etc.).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top