Head of Quality and Health & Safety Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense, and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. Come work alongside expert product and hardware engineers to drive and execute a new product category with Oculus VR. Oculus is looking for individuals that want to be on the ground floor of a breakthrough technology and help build, manage, optimize and grow a world class supply chain. Candidate will have responsibility for managing Quality along with Health & Safety Operations for Oculus throughout the development and overall product lifecycle. Candidate must establish and closely monitor performance metrics with Hardware Engineering, Contract Manufacturing, Joint Development Manufacturing, and Original Equipment Manufacturers. Position will report Head of Supply Chain and Technical Operations for Oculus.
- Work with the company-wide, cross-functional new product development team to successfully execute to Oculus' roadmap with next generation virtual reality products.
- Define and drive the following processes for implementation on all existing and future products:
- Metrology / Measurement Plan – define preliminary product, subassembly and component level measurement requirements. This includes but not limited to Incoming Inspection, In-Circuit Test (ICT), Functional Test, Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT), and Out-Of-Box Quality audits
- Quality Requirements Processes:
- Product quality plan
- Product traceability plan
- Source inspection plan
- Incoming quality control plan
- In-process quality control plan
- Outgoing quality control plan
- Out of box audit plan
- Manufacturing quality plan & including PFMEA analysis & feedback loop
- Approved metrology equipment list & maintenance plans
- Quality reporting requirements
- OK to ship process
- Sub-supplier quality plan & including source inspection
- Materials non-conformance plan
- Root cause analysis plan
- Early field failure analysis & corrective action plans
- Quality escalation process
- Compliance in the areas of corporate social responsibility, EICC, and conflict minerals.
- Change control process
- Quality records management
- Health & Safety Processes:
- Overall product safety
- Product biocompatibility
- Field support / customer support
- Qualify the manufacturing process on each new product introduction, including: work instructions, operator training, equipment calibration, etc.
- Work with Hardware Engineering to qualify key Material Suppliers on each new product introduction, including First Article approvals, incoming inspection specifications & procedures (e.g. AQL levels, go/no-go gauges, aesthetic acceptance criteria, etc.), and establish thresholds for approving material suppliers for source inspection and/or ship-to-stock status.
- Work with Hardware Engineering & Supply Chain to develop a Tier 1 Supplier Sourcing Strategy (e.g. second sourcing, single-source risk mitigation strategies, etc.) that ensures the supply chain is capable of meeting all current and future business and technical/quality requirements.
- Establish in-line rework and retest standards, including monitoring the "bone pile" for total quantity, aging and number of rework cycles (e.g. "loopers").
- Drive product quality improvements through manufacturing yield enhancement programs.
- Work with Hardware Engineering to set up Reverse Logistics Triage Testing systems/processes and work with Supply Chain and Customer Service on implementing RMA processes.
- Implement Total Quality Management process, including information systems, to facilitate real-time, ongoing data collection and reporting.
- Work with Hardware Engineering to establish an Early Field Failure Analysis (EFFA) process that immediately analyzes and resolves root causes of infant mortality failures on each new product introduction.
- Implement a company-wide Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA) process to analyze failure data collected from Customer Service/Tech Support calls, field returns, manufacturing yield, OBQ audits, ORT testing and 3rd Party Developer feedback, and drive corrective actions at the root cause. Ensure learning is carried forward into future new product designs
- Resolve any ongoing quality problems with Material Suppliers ensuring that Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs) and Supplier Corrective Action Reports are systematically implemented and followed through on
- Conduct monthly Quality Management Reviews to communicate product line performance against established metrics
- Enable 3rd party support in execution of multiple projects and to ensure Oculus' ability to scale quickly and bases on market conditions
- Bachelors Degree in EE or ME, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 15 years work experience in Manufacturing/Quality Engineering or related disciplines
- A minimum of 10 years experience with high volume consumer electronics products
- Knowledge of manufacturing, metrology, scalable quality systems, supplier management and statistical process controls
- Experience with global supply base and especially in Asia
- Experience with product health and safety operations
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP, Minitab, etc.
- Project management, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment with minimal supervision
- Masters degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top