Head of Public Policy, Thailand
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Head of Public Policy, Thailand will be the primary contact with Thai stakeholders, ranging from government, civil society, academic institutions, etc. and will work closely with the Public Policy team in APAC and globally. The position will be based in Bangkok and will be responsible for articulating our mission to make the world more open and connected. Successful applicants will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, safety, freedom of expression, the impact of the Internet on established business models, and new opportunities for public service delivery.
- Monitor the Thai political and policy environment for issues that interest and impact the company
- Work with the Government of Thailand, private sector partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy and other technology-relevant public policy concerns
- Actively promote the use of Facebook with policy-makers and influencers in both electoral and governing bodies
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders, particularly politicians and policy-makers
- Build industry coalitions locally to help advance and support Facebook’s policy agenda
- Communicate Facebook’s policy positions in public presentations and with media, as needed
- Enhance the policy community’s understanding of the Facebook platform
- andAdvise Facebook teams on public policy matters emerging in Thailand.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work in Thailand
- Keen understanding of Thailand’s political system, environment and institutions
- Outstanding judgment and persuasive skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation or government preferred
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Thai and the English language in both conversation and writing
- Advanced degree in public policy, a related field or law degree preferred
- andFluency in technology and a passion for Facebook.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top