Head of Public Policy, MENA
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
As Facebook has become part of the daily lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world, policy makers in many countries naturally wish to talk to us, and we wish to talk to them. The Policy team manages these conversations - sharing information about the company's products and activities, responding to queries from politicians and regulators, and providing input into the development of regulation of the internet sector.
We are looking for superb policy communicators who can combine a passion for internet services like Facebook with a deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics in their country. Successful applicants will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times including privacy, freedom of expression, the impact of the internet on business models, and new opportunities for public service delivery.
- Develop and execute strategic approach to achieve company goals in public policy
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters affecting Facebook and advise company with respect to policy challenges
- Represent Facebook in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Develop public policy positions with other team members at Facebook
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of Facebook
- Create innovative programmes for outreach to policy makers on the opportunities offered by Facebook
- Communicate Facebook's positions in public presentations and with media
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field
- At least 10 years of experience working on relevant policy issues – candidates with both government/politics and industry experience strongly preferred
- Superb written and spoken English required
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, fluency in additional regional languages a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with working with politicians and government officials including those at the most senior levels
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook in particular
- An ability to build and manage cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines
- Experience of acting as a media spokesperson, preferably including radio and television
- Excellent communication skills for both small meetings and large events
- A flexible mindset that thrives in a fast-moving environment with a strong do-it-yourself culture
- A track record of writing and delivering articles, speeches, and presentations on relevant topics
- An ability to translate between the specialist languages of technology and politics
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes at national level, with EU experience a further advantage
- All applications must be in English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top