Head of Production, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook's Building 8 team is looking for a Head of Production responsible for turning ideas into real, tangible products in the world. This person will be a knowledgeable generalist helping at a project management level, keeping initiatives on time, on budget, cross-functionality accountable and in alignment with broader strategic goals. He/she will ensure that any work we put out into the world for Facebook achieves world class quality in execution, no matter the request or medium. This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Advising and monitoring feasibility during the creative development process
- Creating new products within our team or supporting XFN Engineering collaborations at a Product Manager-level equivalency
- Owning project-level budget forecasting, actualization and spend allocation
- Liaising with XFN leads to ensure production goals and delivery
- Delivering to expected launch dates
- Adapting existing or generating new assets for individual markets
- Leveraging existing Facebook relationships to deliver XFN and market appropriate creative work
- Ensuring diversity standards are represented across the breadth of our work
- Managing presentation and feedback stages with key stakeholders
- 7+ years of professional experience in design program management.
- Marketing operations and logistics experience in the web technology sector and the ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Experience working with hardware and software design (UI/UX), film-making, print, and off-platform disciplines.
- Experience in global production, including trans-creation and localization
- Experience in Excel, Oracle, and Keynote
- Experience with all Facebook internal systems including SCUBA and HIVE, i8n localization, tasks, build push cycles
- Experience with all production disciplines including film-making, print, product (UI/UX) and off-platform
- Is a cross-functional manager able to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
- Is a manager with organization and people skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top