Head of Policy Communications, Emerging Markets
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Head of Policy Communications, Emerging Market to support a wide range of initiatives and programs across emerging markets in APAC, based in Singapore. This role will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders across the region, and devise specific communications materials and campaigns that help people understand Facebook's policies, products and its mission.
- Lead communications activities for Facebook's most pressing policy and product issues in emerging markets across Asia
- Create sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy makers and other outside groups on how Facebook works
- Develop proactive PR campaigns to educate new and existing users on how to have a positive and safe experience on Facebook
- Work closely with comms colleagues across the region on reactive and proactive media initiatives
- Work with our global policy, legal, product and partnership teams to build, understand and communicate corporate and product policies that enhance and protect our reputation
- Build creative partnerships with public and private organizations
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of issues
- Develop and pitch stories, prepare messaging and blog posts, support product launches
- Proven experience managing complex communications
- 12+ years of communications or related experience Experience in high-profile corporate comms, crisis communications or issues management
- Experience distilling complex policy or technology concepts into plain language, including around privacy issues
- Strong media relationships with a diverse range of reporters and bloggers
- Experience managing diverse cross-functional stakeholder relations in fast-paced and changing environments
- Strong writing and story-telling skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top