Head of People Services
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Head of People Services is a management role and will be managing various aspects of the People Operations team as we scale and grow through processes, systems, and vendors to deliver an exceptional Facebook experience through an employee’s life cycle. This new position will be best suited for a strong manager of managers with an HR shared services or HR operations background in delivering high touch or concierge level experiences at scale with the vision, leadership and excellence in execution.
- Lead & Manage People Services:
- Deliver and co-create the evolving vision of People Services as an efficient and strategic delivery function.
- Lead and manage People Services teams responsible for operations for onboarding, learning & development, employee relations, HRBPs, benefits, global mobility, and total rewards.
- Lead the leaders of the People Services functions to ensure engagement and effectiveness of direct reports and team.
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise.
- Evolve the overall people operations strategy and influence global people operations model and strategy.
- Influence global people operations and systems roadmap to support long-term and service delivery goals.
- Work with business leaders and People team leadership across EMEA, APAC, and American regions to develop the People Services roadmap, identifying gray areas and/or new opportunities for People Services to support the regions.
- Develop/review relevant policies and procedures related to the People Services function and support all audit requests across the operations team (SOX, Internal Audit, etc.).
- Oversee change management initiatives within People Services.
- Quality Experience:
- Provide feedback and implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve employee satisfaction.
- Elevate employee support tools and Tier 1 employee experience providing accurate data to capture the “Voice of the Customer” concerns and comments.
- Deliver Efficiencies:
- Define and implement processes and procedures for People Services team and partner with global leads to build scalable and compliant processes.
- Lead the team in formulating SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines.
- Identify and create operational efficiencies through centralized administration, outsourcing, and globalization of processes.
- Ensure the operational accuracy and effectiveness of People Services, identifying effectiveness improvement opportunities and taking appropriate action.
- Measuring Success
- Drive implementation of operational dashboards outlining current performance and improvement opportunities.
- Build a metrics driven organization. Develop key operational metrics for team and monitor key performance metric scores.
- Actively contribute to the success of HR/Payroll technology system changes as a key stakeholder.
- Manage, grow, and develop individual contributors as well managers.
- Scale & grow global service teams and services through vendors.
- Be a systems thinker with a “product manager mindset” with proficiency HR systems.
- 10+ years experience in HR Shared Services or HR/People Operations environment with understanding of customer service tools, systems, and processes. Able to handle critical customer situations with ease.
- Interpersonal relationship and partnership skills.
- Knowledge of HR and ER best practices in the market as well as legislative/regulatory changes.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Understanding of NPS and CSAT and demonstrated ability to implement performance metrics, developing scorecards to manage performance and leveraging data to drive continuous improvement.
- Communication skills.
- Process and project management skills. Has demonstrated ability to lead global projects E2E with multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to work in an interruption environment.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems – principles, function technology and variations
- Experience with HR Shared Services models including in house payroll processing
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Vendor management experience
- Previous experience with CRM or HRIS system implementations and data migrations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Six Sigma certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt)
- Previous experience working directly with business leaders with the ability to influence change
- Background in Employee Relations
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top