Head of News Media, Marketing
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced media marketer who is passionate about serving vital and relevant news content to people on Facebook. You will be responsible for leading a team that markets our products and platforms to news media around the world to encourage content production on our platform, help people connect socially around news, and expose news publishers to the world’s largest online audience. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about making Facebook into a platform that every news publisher uses to find and engage audiences.
- Develop marketing strategies and plans to drive awareness and adoption of Facebook’s news offerings.
- Develop core product positioning and messaging for key news products and features for news media, journalists, and consumers, considering value proposition, target audiences, competitive landscapes, and other factors.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights from research and analysis to influence product strategy and inform go-to-market plans.
- Create go-to-market plans, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing.
- Serve as the voice of the news industry (publishers, editors, and journalists) in internal discussions and decisions.
- Understand specific needs and sensitivities of consumers and news publishers in both developed and emerging markets around the world.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in media economics, the broader online ecosystem, and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- 10+ years of experience in news media and marketing communications.
- Cross-functional management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills and communicating to journalism, technical, business, and consumer-facing audiences.
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies and the news landscape both in the U.S. and internationally.
- International experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top