Head of Network Finance - Network Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In this specific role, you will lead the team that manages the finances for Facebook's Network Infrastructure organization. This group is responsible for scaling our network for more than 1.9 billion monthly users. Facebook's rapid growth is driving an unprecedented increase in our global network footprint as we strive to reach more people with an expanding product portfolio, while improving both performance and reliability. With a deep understanding of the business drivers, you will be responsible for increasing the value of information and analysis provided to key business partners, ultimately driving the business towards timely and well informed decisions. You will gain invaluable experience in this leadership role that offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing Finance organization. This position will report to the Head of Infrastructure Finance.
- Lead full cycle opex and capex planning for Facebook's Network Infrastructure organization, and ongoing reporting processes including the annual budget, monthly and quarterly rolling forecasting, and 5-year financial forecast.
- Partner closely with Network Infrastructure and Finance executive leadership and operational teams to identify and evaluate strategic investment opportunities, drive resource prioritization and provide ad hoc decision support as required.
- Advise senior business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance.
- Partner with controllership organization during monthly and quarterly close processes and support production of key reports and disclosures.
- Lead and develop a team of high performing professionals responsible for capital planning, operating expenses and headcount tracking.
- 7+ years of finance-related experience.
- Understanding of the key technology areas
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and partnering with organizational leadership
- Analytical skills and experience, with ability to compile business cases and translate large amounts of data into useful information.
- Communication skills and ability to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying level of seniority and technical expertise
- Previous management experience leading teams
- Bachelor's degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top