Head of Marketing Science, Japan
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As Facebook builds its advertising business in Japan, a key focus is ensuring advertisers can measure their return on investment from spend on Facebook and compare the effectiveness of Facebook ads to other media channels. The Head of Marketing Science for Japan will be the key driver of this work, partnering both externally with leading research firms and major clients and internally with our Sales and Global Marketing Science Teams. Success in this role will be the development of a comprehensive measurement plan to serve the Japan market, including structuring partnerships with measurement firms, participating in efforts to influence the broader measurement industry, and working directly with clients on testing measurement plans versus key outcomes.The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the advertising marketplace in Japan, with a focus on the research community. They will be passionate about the media industry and will be excited by the opportunity to help shape Facebook’s measurement plan for Japan. Key components of the job will be developing partnerships with external and internal stakeholders, speaking at industry events, presenting to clients at various executive levels, and working effectively with other Facebook Teams within the Japan office and with other offices across the globe. Candidates will have a focus on impact, exceptional prioritization skills, strong communication skills, and a passion for generating data-based insights. This is a full time position based in our Tokyo, Japan office.
- Develop partnerships with leading research firms to create scaled and accepted measurement solutions for the Japan market
- Work closely with some of Facebook’s largest advertisers in Japan to develop research (via campaign level measurement plans) to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies on Facebook
- Conduct in-depth custom market research studies and advertising effectiveness studies for advertisers, leveraging internal survey and data analysis tools
- Lead client conversations and influences client measurement thinking through learning agendas, tool development for media planning and channel mix
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for key strategic advertiser relationships as they pertain to measurement
- Manage and grow a team of quantitative researchers to establish trusted partnerships and expertise internally and externally
- 10+ years of relevant experience in media/advertising research
- Solid understanding of online advertising and familiarity with brand advertising and marketing frameworks
- Experience structuring and negotiating partnerships with independent third parties
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Strong quantitative background
- Statistical analysis experience is valuable, including but not limited to experimental design
- Familiarity with survey research methods and considerations
- Experienced people manager, with knowledge to build and grow performance research teams
- Excellent communication and client-interaction skills are essential
- Fluency in written and conversational Japanese, ability to read English and conversational speaking ability
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top