Head of Marketing Research (AR/VR)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our AR/VR organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform. We plan to release multiple products over the next few years. In particular, we are building technologies or seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together. We're seeking a leader for AR/VR Marketing Research, who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and communications and create strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and products teams. This role will also help develop the Facebook hardware brands, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plans, support creative development, optimize marketing to drive conversion of product funnel and ultimately create more value for consumers.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional research skills across both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, proven hands-on experience as practitioner and manager, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an interest to remain deeply engaged in the execution of work. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for technology and Facebook is a must.
This role is based in Menlo Park, but travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to understand consumer needs and product use cases, define brand positioning, develop audiences, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plans, and optimize/improve marketing communications to achieve business objectives.
- Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class quantitative and qualitative research solutions, at both the product and brand level. Leadership in technique and methodology is essential.
- Define people problems to influence executional strategy, goals and metrics to ensure line-of-sight to success.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level, but will also include new product development and definition.
- Partner with Decision Science to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Produce communication and provocation to influence decision-making and product planning
- Ability to interface directly with leaders.
- Hire and develop a team of marketing researchers.
- 12+ years of experience leading marketing or product research teams
- Executional knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Proven experience in leading campaigns/product launches from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making.
- Experience engaging both at the technical/product level as well as on brand marketing/communications.
- Ability to engage in research work at a tactical/executional level as well as managing the growth and development of a team.
- Problem-solving and ability to move from blank state to well-defined problem with a suitable methodology.
- Ability to scale and prioritize activities in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Communication and presentation skills with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate with a variety of partners.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top