Head of Market Development, Workplace
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is an enterprise communications platform that enables employees at any organization to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world now using Workplace to connect their employees and work seamlessly across teams and geographies. To help with the ongoing growth of the Workplace business, we are seeking a world-class Market Development leader, who is passionate about Facebook and the role that communication and collaboration can play in improving the productivity and effectiveness of people in the workplace.
The exciting mission of this role is to proactively ensure every Enterprise Growth Manager has enough high quality pipeline to meet or exceed our ambitious growth targets. The successful candidate is an accomplished leader who will put in place a sales oriented demand management practice, executing on different sources of opportunities like events, outbound prospecting and partners. This role requires a high level of cross-functional coordination, a leader who can gracefully influence and collaborate with a wide array of functions and people. This person will mentor and coach the team to progress to mastery in the execution of these strategies and tactics. The Head of Market Development will identify pipeline needs, help define initiatives with the Regional Leaders and Growth Managers, develop well structured execution plans in coordination with cross-functional teams, drive successful execution of these customer acquisition initiatives and measure/report results, insights and ROI to guide the optimization of investments and resourcing. You will also be an engaging presenter for small to large audiences. This role will develop and constantly evolve playbooks to increase the effectiveness and productivity of our market development practice.
This is a full-time role located in Menlo Park.
- Sales leader who can create and implement the Market Development practice
- Execute a high number of initiatives to ensure Growth Managers have enough high quality pipeline to reach or exceed growth targets
- Guide the development of effective action plans to engage and activate at scale high quality prospects across Latin America (this includes the identification of ideal customer profiles)
- Lead the successful cross-functional execution of action plans, as measured by the volume of qualified opportunities, as well as the speed of advance of such opportunities
- Measure and report on the results of the portfolio of activities, providing insights and recommendations for improvement as well as optimization of ROI
- Mentor and guide the team to ensure constant development towards their goals
- Collaborate with the Market Development managers of our other regions to lead the development and constant evolution of global playbooks that clearly articulate the best practices, templates and tools for this practice
- 9+ years of SaaS market development experience
- Entrepreneurial, and self-starter
- Client facing experience in business focused sales, as well as business development
- Outbound prospecting skills and experience
- Has been a part of or managed a Market Development team
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external peers and managers
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Communication skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple communications and plans
- Measurement, reporting and analytical skills
- Track record of delivering business results
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Knowledge of Workplace's strategic and competitive position
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top