Head of Local Partnerships
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to develop and manage partnerships globally for our local initiatives. The vision for our local initiatives is to build products that enable people to have real-world experiences in their communities – e.g. ordering food and drinks, attending events and the movies, finding local employment, booking a local hair appointment, etc.
We are looking for a strategic and results-driven leader who is passionate about the way Facebook can work with local and national businesses to enable a variety of experiences for our community. As a global platform, it is our responsibility to establish meaningful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders; and manage C-suite relationships to deliver mutually beneficial products and services.
You will build and scale a high-performing team that works cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, marketing and operations teams to develop new capabilities, improve user experience, and reduce barriers that prevent people from connecting with real world experiences. The team will work across the Facebook family of apps to deliver products and services that drive greater prosperity for individuals, communities and businesses. We are looking for a self-aware leader who is mission-focused and believes in the power of collaboration to drive superior results on teams.
This is a is full-time role based in our main office in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage relationships with local and national businesses.
- Identify new partners and negotiate business and technical terms
- Partner with Facebook Product and Engineering teams to identify growth opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- Lead and manage an experienced team.
- 15+ years related general management, business development and/or partnerships experience.
- Industry experience in the local commerce/services and e-commerce space.
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines.
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experienced public speaker with the ability to present ideas to external and internal audiences on emerging opportunities.
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- BA/BS degree
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top