Head of Legal Data and Support Engineer Teams
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Legal Technology team, part of Legal Central Services organization, serves as primary provider of technology needs for our global Legal team. We're looking for an experienced technology leader who has experience leading Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, and Support Engineering teams. The right candidate will be directly responsible for leading strategy within each of these teams, across this team of teams, and as part of the multi-disciplinary engagement teams we field to support Facebook's Global Legal team.
You will also be expected to see beyond the raw data, understand context from both a technology and a legal perspective, and to be able to translate effortlessly when working with our leadership. The perfect candidate will have a background in computer science or related technical field, experience working with data architecture, leading teams that translate data to insights, and leveraging technology to automate processes as they drive impact and efficiency gains.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute on key Global Legal technology initiatives.
- Direct and support each of our Legal Data teams and our Legal Support Engineering teams in strategy and execution.
- Apply your expertise in engineering, architecture and analysis to lead your teams to see beyond the numbers and derive key insights.
- Partner with our stakeholder teams for joint goals, consistency in methodologies, and to identify opportunities for the teams to succeed together.
- Partner with Product, Integrity, and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Manage development of relationships with new stakeholders, understanding requirements, organizing prioritization and resources to support execution.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our technology decisions.
- 5+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal capacity and experience managing managers
- 8+ years of experience in data architecture, analytics, data science and/or support engineering
- 5+ years of experience in partner facing roles where goals were shared across multiple teams
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating the results of analysis to influence leadership and company critical initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as Python, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/Spark)
- Understanding of machine learning methodologies, approaches, and benefits for a global business and legal operation
Back to top