Head of Internal Communications, APAC
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This individual will be a key member of Facebook’s internal communications team, and will lead the internal communications operations across offices within the Asia-Pacific region. The successful candidate will work closely with the internal communications team at Facebook’s headquarters as well as with the regional and country leads and their teams. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in writing and executing proactive communications plans; working in internal communications; building and fostering relationships across business functions and across geographic locations; and developing creative, innovative programming around complex, multi-dimensional topics. Candidates should be excellent writers, strategic and creative thinkers, and skilled at managing relationships with senior corporate leadership. International professional experience within region required, foreign language capacity a plus. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Singapore.
- Lead internal communications within APAC region, working collaboratively across cross-functional teams & offices
- Develop and drive proactive communications efforts and programming around Facebook’s mission, major initiatives, and products
- Drive proactive communications internally to support internal communications teams
- Identify opportunities and execute plans for building company culture between and among Facebook’s offices
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders
- Build partnerships with corporate communications teams to develop internal communications in advance of major company initiatives and announcements
- Represent the communications group in cross-functional teams across the company.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, post-graduate or professional degrees a plus
- 10+ years professional experience, internal, corporate, and/or political communications experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- International work experience, strong preference for foreign language capability
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and also work collaboratively on a team
- Versatile in working with people in different job functions (tech vs. nontech)
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Experience in the internet technology industry a plus
- Willingness to travel (about 30% of the time)
- Passion for Facebook essential.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top