Head of Intellectual Property Protection
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The ideal candidate will be a proven IP protection professional for corporate security and excels at managing a global team. The candidate will lead a global team, be responsible for overseeing the strategy, execution, and quality control of strategic programs that mitigate risk to the business verticals. This is a very collaborative and cross-functional role that partners closely with many Facebook internal teams, Global Security teammates and external security service providers for success.
- Manage a global team of IP protection professionals, while assessing risks and providing solutions to the business that mitigate those risks to Facebookâ€™s people, assets and reputation.
- Provide transformational leadership qualities to motivate and engage a global team of FTE and contract employees.
- Intensively engage with cross-functional key stakeholders to comprehend the business strategy and provide integrated IP protection programs that support the business.
- Collaborate to translate strategic priorities to goals and recommend & execute on continuous operational synergies.
- Establish, develop and manage third party security service provider relationships for Global IP Protection Programs.
- Assist with the management of expenses and annual budget development.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (20%).
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree with 8+ years of proven experience designing, establishing and managing global strategic IP protection programs within organizations
- 8 + years of experience collaborating within a hardware engineering environment
- 8 + years of experience working within a corporate security function
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with multiple stakeholders within different business verticals, as well as with third party vendors and partners
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional global projects from inception to completion, while working autonomously
- Analytical and critical thinking experience
- Experience in MS Office Suite
- Masterâ€™s degree (MBA, MS or MA)
- Physical security program management experience
- Supply chain security experience
- CTPAT program knowledge
- TAPA, ASIS or other professional security organization memberships
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top