Head of Instagram Public Policy, EMEA
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for an EMEA Head of Public Policy to join its global public policy team. The successful candidate will design, drive and deliver Instagram's regional policy strategy, working on some of the most interesting public policy challenges of our times, including privacy, safety and freedom of expression. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team, already serving a community of over a billion.
We are looking for candidates ready to lead a strong team. They will be responsible for developing a strategy to shape policy stakeholders' opinion of Instagram and be a leading voice for EMEA policy within the Instagram and Facebook business. They should have experience working with senior policy stakeholders, expertise in navigating political environments and be comfortable managing multiple fast-moving, and high-priority projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be creative, resourceful and a true team player.
Primary duties will include working with the local Facebook public policy team to identify and analyze policy trends across the region, work with local organizations on issues of privacy, teen safety, content policy, and other Internetâ€"relevant public policy concerns and manage a team of country/issue specialists.
This person will also be responsible for developing and executing strong policy initiatives that will help enhance the policy communityâ€™s understanding of Instagram, its dedication to safety and privacy, and its impact on culture, well-being and the economy.
This position is full-time, fixed term maternity cover, and will be located in Facebookâ€™s offices in London.
- Develop and deliver Instagram's regional policy strategy
- Identify, monitor, and analyse policy issues affecting Instagram in the EMEA region
- Represent Instagram in meetings with senior policy stakeholders
- Build coalitions with other regional forums, civil society and relevant experts to help advance Instagram's policy goals
- Help to shape and drive innovative regional programs to enhance the policy communityâ€™s understanding of Instagram
- Work with the global team to develop Instagram policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise Instagram teams on regional public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Communicate Instagram's positions at public events and with media in the region
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of European political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Strong cross-functional team player and excellent communicator
- Well-developed advocacy skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation preferred
Back to top