Head of Insights, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking for an experienced Insights leader to join the team and help drive a data and understanding culture across Oculus. Insights' mission is to get a deep understanding of our users to impact the strategy and direction of Oculus. We do this through analyzing user and channel data to understand behavior and using qualitative research techniques to understand and meet user needs. You'll be leading a team of Product Managers, Data Scientists, User Researchers and Research Scientists. Some of the major problems your team will be working on include exploring new interactions with Oculus and its content, as well as understanding how to measure success for both hardware sales and software engagement. Your team will also be responsible for identifying signals that will allow us to continuously enhance our user experience in every way, focusing on both long and short term initiatives.
- Lead a mixed discipline insights team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, and research scientists, performing analyses on large sets of data and studying user behavior to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across business units.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Oculus' success
- Define the scope for data science and user research for some of Oculus' highest priority products.
- Help shape the future for Product Insights within Oculus as we grow
- Experience as a people-manager, and have built cross-functional teams.
- Communicative person that values building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain topics in understandable terms.
- Experience in a similar data science or insights role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Understanding of numbers, as well as a business sense and ability to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Experience leading or collaborating with user researchers
- Experience working in a product analytics or insights role and have worked with A/B tests and iterative product design
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization and communication
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top