Head of Industry, Healthcare
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced sales and marketing leader with demonstrated success managing large business categories on a national and long-term scale. The Head of Industry will manage the Facebook monetization of the Healthcare sub-vertical within the US. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for the category. They will build and manage a strategically focused / consultative sales team, selling Facebook's advertising solutions to large online advertisers. They'll lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success, dealing with ambiguity, successfully manage teams and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have management experience in a sales environment as well as extensive experience selling cross-network online marketing solutions such as integrated sponsorships and display advertising within Healthcare industry.
- Play the lead role in developing the holistic business of the Healthcare sub-vertical.
- National responsibility for architecting the strategies to build the category in both developed and undeveloped markets.
- Work cross-functionally with In-Market teams, Global Regions, Business Operations, Platform, Measurement/Metrics, and Product Marketing to optimize our vertical efforts.
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of vertical needs.
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Facebook to marketers in the vertical.
- Identify the winning strategies and scale the insights throughout the organization.
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing opportunities for new approaches.
- Develop and implement best practices for client interaction, sales and services for Facebook, including a good understanding of working with advertisers and agencies.
- Build, train and maintain a high performing sales organization with team responsibility.
- 15+ years marketing and sales experience
- 10+ years in digital media
- 5+ years management experience
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams and people not directly reporting to you
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities effectively to brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into client value
- Proven ability to successfully perform in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Proven experience building relationships with top marketing decision makers at traditional companies and agencies
- Demonstrable success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- 10+ years Healthcare industry experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top