Head of Industry, Gaming (Greater China Region), based in Singapore
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Global Gaming team's mission is to build the world's community to discover, play, watch, and share games. Within the global industry, the greater China region represents one of the most robust gaming ecosystems and the momentum of Chinese gaming companies in the worldwide market is only accelerating forward. Our team's aspiration is to play an increasingly pivotal role in helping this community of game developers and publishers realize their global ambitions.
The Head of Industry will oversee the strategy & execution of the Facebook business with top tier gaming companies, predominantly focused on mainland China. This role will manage a team of CPs (Client Partners) and CSMs (Client Solution Managers) that build and grow our relationships across a portfolio of key clients - establishing a deep understanding of their needs, advising them on tailored strategies for how to go-to-market, and partnering with them every step of the way. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader, a committed people manager, and an experienced sales professional with the ability to work across a large cross-functional team to develop meaningful solutions for their clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and gritty individual who has demonstrated success dealing with the dynamic China business environment, developing a high-performance team, and the ability to proactively solve problems and take ownership of their business. Ideal candidates will have meaningful experience in large account sales, digital media (with an emphasis on performance-centric direct response marketing), and team leadership.
- Lead the development of a strategy and go-to-market approach across a portfolio of greater China mobile gaming companies supported by our Facebook family of brands, including Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp
- Build, develop, and support a high-performing team of individual contributors with a positive culture of partnership, problem-solving, and ongoing learning
- Responsible for supporting individual employee career growth and skill development for both CP & CSM roles
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams including Data Science, Product Marketing, Business Operations, Creative Shop, and Partnerships to optimize the Facebook value to our clients' businesses
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories using industry examples/terminology which make Facebook easy to understand and highly relevant to clients in a range of contexts, from 1:1 engagements to industry events
- Contribute as a member of the Gaming leadership team for Greater China in identifying and prioritizing market opportunities, building and evolving the long-range strategy, and developing the team/organizational capabilities necessary to position Facebook for increasing success
- Thrive in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment with the ability to navigate through ambiguity and complexity to provide clear direction for the team and for clients
- Own and continually improve the day-to-day business management through effective operational processes with rigor and discipline, including the use of meaningful performance measures, systems, and tools.
- 12+ years of professional working experience in sales, marketing, and/or digital media
- Strong preference for in-market experience working in mainland China
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Experience in the gaming and/or technology space a plus Demonstrated strength in the coaching and development of individual employees
- Deep understanding and sensitivity around the cultural nuances of doing business throughout the greater China region
- Fluency in business-level Mandarin is essential
- Ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain complex strategic relationships with clients and operating effectively at all levels of an organization - from C-level to working-level stakeholders
- Ability to combine deep analytics with macro trends to develop and communicate a credible perspective on industry and market opportunities which influence both Facebook and client strategies
- Experience managing sales/revenue quotas with a track record of delivering against growth targets and accurate forecasting
- Demonstrated experience as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence in a highly dynamic environment
- Travel is required (25-30%).
Back to top