Head of HRIS and Systems Solution Strategy
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a strong, data-driven leader to lead the HRIS function within the People Operations team. This role is critical to scale and grow the processes and systems to deliver an exceptional Facebook experience through an employee's lifecycle. This new position will be best suited for a strong leader with HRIS and HR systems strategy with vision, leadership and excellence in execution. We are looking for an innovator in the space that can lead the vision of how to scale employee experience through systems.
- Lead as the HR Technology portfolio business owner for the design, implementation, and maintenance of HR systems.
- Scale HRIS team and drive overall business vision with People Engineering on the People system strategy.
- Lead global people operations and systems roadmap and self-service strategy to support long-term and service delivery goals.
- Prioritize and leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of HR (Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, L&D, Diversity, People Analytics), Recruiting, and more broadly across internal tools / communications – focus on knowledge management internally for HR and how we'll build capability therp>
- Work with business leaders and HR leadership across EMEA, APAC, and Americas regions to develop the systems and process roadmap to support the regions.
- Drive adoption, communication, and change management of systems changes and/or new system launches across People team.
- Optimize the use of HR tools, drive HR process optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Partner on Tier 1 systems support and training strategy with People Engineering and People Experience teams.
- Lead w/legal on employee data and vendor security initiatives company-wide.
- Lead w/finance leadership and workforce planning team on evolving headcount management and workforce planning processes and systems.
- Own position management processes for company and lead innovative process and system design to streamline recruiting and financial handoffs in the position management process.
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise.
- Implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve employee satisfaction.
- Analyze and report metrics on HRIS activities in support of strategic decision-making initiatives and for ongoing measurement and continual improvement.
- Ensure internal tools are aligned and providing accurate data to best capture the "Voice of the Customer" concerns and comments.
- Accountable the business requirements and acceptance criteria across all HR systems initiatives.
- Build a metrics driven organization. Develop key operational metrics for team and monitor key performance metric scores.
- Drive measurable improvements through automation of business requirements and employee process friction points reducing process cycle times and improving employee satisfaction.
- 10+ years of experience in a HR environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale teams and plan strategically 3+ years out as well as formalize tangible action plans to operationalize vision.
- Ability to influence at all levels of organization and experience driving and implementing company-wide changes.
- Relationship and partnership building skills.
- Ability to manage, grow, and develop individual contributors and leading and managing teams.
- Knowledge of HR practices in the market as well as legislative and regulatory changes and experience implementing technology solutions to support compliance requirements.
- Experience with HR systems.
- Previous experience with compensation, L&D, benefits, and global mobility systems implementations required.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems - principles, function technology and variations.
- Must have 3+ years' experience with workday, headcount management, and workforce planning systems.
- Process and project management skills.
- Has demonstrated ability to lead global projects end to end with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelors' degree in a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Six Sigma certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt)
- Experience with SDLC, Agile, Scrum, and similar methodologies
- Previous experience with CRM or HRIS system implementations and data migrations
- Previous experience working directly with business leaders with the ability to influence change.
- Experience with HR Systems and Workforce Management
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top