Head of Global Training, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community.
We are looking for a passionate leader to develop the Global Training team that is responsible for global on-boarding, process, policy and tools training for the teams who provide support to people on Facebook. In this role you will work closely with cross-functional partners, regional operations managers, outsourced partners and our global Learning and Development team to define, deliver and execute our Learning Strategy for Community Operations at scale.
This role is based in Menlo Park.
- Define and execute an on-boarding strategy and program content across Community Operations to enable new employees and scaled partners to develop an understanding of our team's values, policies, and processes
- Partner with HRBPs and Operations leadership, such as the Market Operations, Outsourcing, Policy, Quality and Escalations teams, to identify and evolve specific learning objectives and goals that align with Community Operations' broader mission of helping our 1.9 billion users on Facebook and Instagram
- Drive forward-thinking solutions to scale knowledge transfer across both internal teams and external vendors who service Facebook and Instagram community
- Build a global program to develop, pilot, launch, and iterate on training assets including course materials, presentations, integrated curriculums etc.
- Drive the vision and strategy for enabling content development across a global, multicultural audience
- Identify and develop training to address key gaps in Community Operations review procedure and rep decision accuracy
- Conduct benchmarking and identify approaches to scale training and rep performance management
- Develop metrics to measure ROI on scaled training investments and impact on the business
- Role requires 30% travel
- 8+ years of leadership experience in Operations, with a deep expertise in the Training domain
- 3+ years of people management experience in leading high caliber teams
- Experience working directly with Operations and/or Customer Support teams and demonstrated understanding of the learning challenges faced in these environments
- Ability to manage and grow global teams, while keeping pace with changing policies and standards
- Ability to work effectively across a global multicultural and multilingual team, tackling problems and designing effective business operations
- Proven track record of building, managing and leading high performing and highly engaged teams in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop both managers and individual contributors
- Ability to communicate with, influence and present to a variety of audiences, including global cross-functional leaders
- Experience in instructional design technology and adult education methodologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top