Head of Global Learning, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving peopleâ€™s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community.
We are looking for a passionate global learning leader to drive the vision and strategy of the Community Operations learning function. This individual will evolve the global learning team that is responsible for global onboarding, process, policy, and tools education for internal employees and vendor partners aimed to keep our community safe. This includes building both technical/policy learning interventions in addition to resiliency programming to specifically support those reviewing graphic and objectionable content. In this role you will work closely with global cross-functional partners, regional operations leaders, vendor partners and our global network of learning functions to define, deliver and execute our learning operations at scale. This includes establishing process, learning priorities, managing cross-functional relationships and focusing on advancing the use of learning technology and other innovative methods for learning delivery. The successful candidate will also contribute to external interactions around training initiatives.
- Define and execute the learning strategy across Community Operations to enable new employees and partners to develop an understanding of our team's values, policies, and processes.
- Partner with Operations leadership, such as the Market Operations, Vendor Partners, Policy, Quality and Escalations teams to identify and evolve specific learning objectives and goals that align with Community Operations' broader mission of helping our 2+ billion users on Facebook and Instagram.
- Drive solutions to scale knowledge transfer across both internal teams and external vendors who service Facebook and Instagram community.
- Build a global curriculum that advances deep technical skills around rapidly changing policy content.
- Pilot, launch, and iterate on learning assets including course materials, presentations, integrated curriculums etc.
- Partner with Communications to develop external communications strategies and narrative in support of Facebook's training efforts.
- Drive the vision and strategy for enabling content development across a global, multicultural audience.
- Identify and develop training to address key gaps in Community Operations review procedure and content moderation decision accuracy.
- Conduct benchmarking and identify approaches to scale training and rep performance management.
- Develop learning effectiveness metrics to measure ROI on scaled training investments and impact on the business.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a global team.
- Role requires 40% travel.
- 10+ years of experience in a learning organization within an operations setting
- 8+ years of people management experience in leading teams
- 5+ years of instructional design, performance support, and learning effectiveness measurement
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience implementing instructional design methodologies (ADDIE and Agile) at scale
- Experience identifying and implementing learning modalities at scale including blended, digital self-paced/eLearning, coaching models, video-based learning, MOOCs and integrated performance support
- Experience working directly with Operations and/or Customer Support teams and knowledge of the learning challenges faced in these environments
- Experience managing and growing global teams, while keeping pace with changing policies and standards
- Experience working across a global multicultural and multilingual team, tackling problems and designing business operations
- Proven track record of building, managing and leading performing and engaged teams in a constantly changing environment
- Experience mentoring and coaching both managers and individual contributors
- Experience communicating with, influencing, and presenting to a variety of audiences, including global cross-functional leaders
- Experience in change management and communications cross-functionally to both internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership experience in the tech industry
Back to top