Head of Global Intellectual Property Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Intellectual Property & Privacy team develops solutions to empower and protect our community of users, rights holders, and Facebook by managing legal risk at scale and fostering a trusted platform. We do so by creating scaled systems to address the issues impacting their experiences with the suite of Facebook and Instagram products, and packaging these insights for the rest of the company.
We are seeking a leader to provide vision and strategy for how Intellectual Property and Privacy concerns, globally and locally, influence upcoming product launches, existing workflows, and support for current events. With our focus on Media, Commerce, and Ads products on the rise, special attention to evolving our management of risk concerns for ads, goods, music, and video will be key tenants of success. This individual will assume management responsibilities in developing our talented team members, work with team members to build an efficient workforce, as well as drive cross-functional impact with our internal and external partners. Candidates will be data driven, self-motivated, and flexible to frequent changes. They are expected to think creatively about nebulous issues and are passionate about problem solving. They will lead regional teams and will have to demonstrate a sustained ability to hire and develop talent. They will also be able to work successfully across teams and countries. This role is based in Menlo Park, California.
- Build narrative and strategy for how Intellectual Property and Privacy workflows will evolve with the Media, Commerce, and Ads evolution
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with legal, partnerships, policy, engineering, data science, sales, product management and other operational teams at Facebook in order to implement optimal solutions to IP/Privacy related problems as well as outsourcing needs
- Create a scaled support strategy to support organic growth with limited resources, increase efficiency of the team and processes, and expand our coverage to new products and needs
- Partner closely with the cross-functional teams to execute seamlessly on our strategy and priorities across each business line and product area
- Identify best practices and trends in the industry to benchmark our processes and practices
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development of their management team
- Identify trends and key insights to drive impact to team goals including product, user experience, and operational efficiency
- BA or BS degree
- 8+ years of experience in online operations/consultancy/analytics or related industries
- 3+ years leading and developing high performing teams
- Experience building and executing against KPI's
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in an effective manner
- Experience working with global teams
- Vendor management experience
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top