Head of Entertainment Partnerships, Indonesia, Malaysia & Philippines
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The APAC Media Partnerships Team is seeking a seasoned executive to lead Entertainment Partnerships for Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines, with the goal of bringing more entertaining content to the community on Facebook's platforms, creating more social experiences and supporting our partners in a manner that serves their business goals as well as the needs of our community. This person will be responsible for shaping and executing our entertainment strategy in the region, spanning partnerships with some of the biggest media companies, management agencies, MCNs, celebrities and emerging talents in Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia etc.
Ideal candidates for this role will have an extensive understanding of entertainment industry business objectives; knowledge of current successful uses of social and digital strategies to achieve those objectives; deep expertise in acquiring and distributing professional & amateur entertainment content in the APAC region, exceptional creativity and a track record of identifying and successfully implementing innovative solutions to business problems; substantial experience in the entertainment industry and relationships to draw upon to build successful partnerships, experience identifying and delivering "best practices" on a scalable basis, a track record of successfully closing business deals and cultivating long-term business partnerships, and great passion about the intersection of entertainment business and technology.
This role also requires close cross-functional collaboration with Facebook's global teams and colleagues in Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This person will be the face of Facebook for some of the biggest media companies and celebrities in the region.
This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and report to the Head of Entertainment Partnerships, APAC.
- Lead partnership strategy, relationships, and key initiatives related to maximizing entertainment impact in the region
- Help entertainment partners re-imagine how best to use Facebook to grow and engage their fan base and drive their business objectives
- Identify partner business objectives and develop innovative solutions utilizing Facebook and its family of products that benefit teams, fans, and Facebook
- Successfully negotiate business deals and maintain long-term partner relationships
- Own day-to-day partnership relationships and operations with key entertainment partners in the region
- Work cross-functionally within Facebook (product, engineering, sales, marketing, operations) to successfully develop and bring integrated solutions to partners
- Identify and collect excellent partner best practices to support scaled outreach
- Work with relevant internal teams to ensure that Facebook is taking partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners
- MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience plus some experience preferred in entertainment and media industry in APAC, with a focus on leading content acquisition, development, programming and/or distribution strategies
- Demonstrated expertise and comfort with digital initiatives and partnering with emerging talents and video creators
- Strong leadership and management experience, with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive multiple time-sensitive, high-priority projects on deadline
- Scheduling & travel flexibility to build relationships with partners and support events
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to serve as a spokesperson for Facebook
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Back to top