Head of Diversity Integration
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a strong cross-functional collaborator to support a wide range of initiatives and programs across the company by strengthening our inclusive approach to the development of policies, programs and products. We know that connecting 2 billion people around the world takes every one of us. That's why Facebook's Diversity team works to find, grow and keep underrepresented people, and nurture an inclusive work environment where we build the best products to connect the world. Our team partners directly with Recruitment, Legal, Human Resources, Learning & Development, People Analytics and many others, to diversify our population and ensure that each Facebooker is positioned to make a meaningful impact. Our end goal is to leverage the cognitive diversity of our people to strengthen all aspects of our business.
A Diversity Integration Manager will provide strategic input on a range of Facebook's products, policies and practices across multiple business areas while owning and managing cross-functional projects. This person will be responsible for building a scalable structure that integrates and strengthens our diversity and inclusion lens throughout various functions at Facebook and as such, management consulting skills would be attractive. This new role on the Diversity Team will benefit from close partnerships with Policy, Communications, Community Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal, among other departments. This role requires close collaboration with senior leadership across the company. The ideal candidate will have experience in policy, product development and diversity. Experience in the consumer products space whether through marketing, product management, project management, or market research, would be very valuable.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide a diversity and inclusion perspective in policy development work relevant to a variety of business units
- Assist teams in reviewing messaging and campaigns from a diversity and inclusion point of view (e.g. marketing and communications)
- Counsel product and marketing teams on best practices for diversity and inclusion
- Review development and roll-out of a range of products requiring the application of a diversity and inclusion lens
- Build organizational structure to scale diversity integration in business units across the company
- Act as liaison between internal teams for reviewing products and programs
- Manage cross-functional projects
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant external partners
- 7+ years experience with diversity, inclusion and cultural competency, and proven ability to apply these lenses to decisions in policy, communications or product realms (e.g. marketing product management, project management, or market research)
- 7+ years experience in fields such as management consulting or policy
- Experience with organizational development and establishing processes
- Experience with project management
- Ability to interact with different levels of seniority, both internally and externally
- Ability to operate in an environment of ambiguity with autonomy
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience in a company that builds consumer products
- Improv theatre experience
- Public speaking experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top