Head of Data Science, Calibra Wallet (Blockchain)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In June 2019 the Libra Association announced plans for Libra - a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We're still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
We are looking for an experienced analytics leader for our entire consumer-facing wallet product. The right person enjoys using data to drive product insights and shape the roadmap, as well as help the team in understanding and measuring product success-not just what, but why. We're looking for someone who has the leadership experience to scale with us as we grow, but also has the ability to roll up their sleeves while the team is small. The perfect candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field, will have experience working with large data stores, as well as will have experience building software - having a deep passion to bring financial services to the underserved around the globe is important. They will be scrappy, results-focused, self-starting, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products.
- Proactively drive the vision for product analytics across a product vertical, and define and execute on a plan that achieves that vision.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches.
- 5+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity, with experience scaling and managing 10+ person teams.
- 8+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
- 8+ years of experience in an analytical role in a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Communication and leadership experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field or MBA.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) and data visualization tools.
Back to top