Head of Core Ops - Product Support Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced people manager to lead the Core Ops teams within Product Support Operations (PSO). The Core Ops group is comprised of two teams that build scaled programmatic and technical solutions that enable and empower the teams in PSO to improve the community's experience with our products.
The 'Programs' team leads scaled operational efforts for PSO that improve product quality, the user experience or address company priorities across the full scope of consumer facing products at Facebook. The Tooling and Analytics team is responsible for developing and scaling technical dashboards, infrastructure and knowledge to inform key decisions and initiatives for PSO and product partners.
Successful candidates are demonstrated leaders with experience managing and scaling large teams across product and operational landscapes. You love to coach and develop high performing individuals and managers. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice with our partners and seen as a thought leader across operations. You have experience leading global projects, identifying and driving new opportunities and operationalizing complex work streams. You enjoy being challenged by balancing day-to-day projects, while also identifying innovative ways to solve problems upstream. You will report into the Head of the Product Support Operations.
The Product Support Operations group is a global organization that partners with product and engineering teams to drive key investments in areas like product quality, big data and ecosystem development. We are a part of Community Operations. This is a full time position, based in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your team, enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact.
- Define vision, set and communicate team and individual goals, and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Incorporate feedback, priorities and input from other managers across PSO, product and operations to inform and define the team's roadmap.
- Become a trusted partner with Operations leaders to ideate, prioritize, develop and implement improvements to our products and the overall user experience.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver the key milestones.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and Operations leadership to communicate updates on roadmap and projects. Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency on milestones.
- Lead development of, and manage, the Operations Product roadmap, including communication of dependencies. Anticipate, communicate, and help clear blocking issues.
- Identify trends and develop solutions to optimize team workflows and introduce new workflows to improve efficiency.
- Define clear business problems and experience pain points and prioritize solutions using data-driven analytics.
- Step in to help provide guidance to more technical members of team as needed.
- BA/BS or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity.
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with global or international operations across remote and matrixed teams.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience managing leaders/managers.
- Experience working across a mix of product and operational roles / teams and / or more technical teams.
- Advanced degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top