Head of Core Ops - Product Support Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced people manager to lead the Core Ops teams within Product Support Operations (PSO). Core Operations builds scaled programmatic and technical solutions that enable and empower the teams in PSO to improve the community's experience with our products.
This role focuses on scaled operational efforts for PSO that improve product quality, data quality for machine learning, and the user experience or address company priorities across the full scope of consumer facing products at Facebook. The Tooling and Analytics team is responsible for developing and scaling technical dashboards, infrastructure and knowledge to inform key decisions and initiatives for PSO and product partners.
Successful candidates are demonstrated leaders with experience managing and scaling large teams across product and operational landscapes. You love to coach and develop high performing individuals and managers. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice with our partners and seen as a thought leader across operations. You have experience leading global projects, identifying and driving new opportunities and operationalizing complex work streams. You enjoy being challenged by balancing day-to-day projects, while also identifying innovative ways to solve problems upstream. This role reports into the Director of Product Support Operations.
The Product Support Operations group is a global organization that partners with product and engineering teams to drive key investments in areas like product quality, big data and ecosystem development. We are a part of Community Operations. This is a full-time position, based in Mountain View, California.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your team, enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact.
- Define vision, set and communicate team and individual goals, and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Incorporate feedback, priorities and input from other managers across PSO, product and operations to inform and define the team's roadmap.
- Become a trusted partner with Operations leaders to prioritize, develop and implement improvements to our products and the overall user experience.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver the key milestones.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and Operations leadership to communicate updates on roadmap and projects. Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency on milestones.
- Identify trends and develop solutions to optimize team workflows and introduce new workflows to improve efficiency.
- Define clear business problems and experience pain points and prioritize solutions using data-driven analytics.
- Step in to help provide guidance to more technical members of team as needed.
- BA/BS or foreign equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with global or international operations across remote and matrixed teams.
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time.
- Experience prioritizing demands.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical experience.
- Experience managing leaders/managers.
- Experience working across a mix of product and operational roles/teams and/or more technical teams.
- Advanced degree.
Back to top