Head of Consumer Product Marketing (Director) - Instagram
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Based in Menlo Park, the Head of Consumer Product Marketing (Director) will report to Instagram's Global Head of Marketing (Cliff Hopkins) and will be responsible for leading the Consumer PMM team. The Consumer PMM team leads the cross-functional teams responsible for launching and scaling all consumer products and features at Instagram. Specifically, the Consumer PMM team is responsible for working with Product and the broader Outreach team to develop and execute integrated launch plans — including generating insights to inform outreach strategies and programs, positioning, messaging, and all creative assets. Success in this role means leading the team to develop breakthrough outreach/marketing initiatives that connects Instagram's consumer audience to our products — helping people see the benefits, inspires them to try, and excites them to tell their friends and family. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about Instagram's mission to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. The right person is also a visionary leader and great people manager. S/he will have a successful track record of launching & scaling mass-market consumer products or services that people cannot live without for a range of consumer power brands. S/he will have a passion for and be energized by the creative, advertising and media industry. S/he will be highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with all functions, particularly product and engineering leaders. The successful candidate will be a teacher and communicator, having extensive experience in people management, coaching and mentoring.
- Work with Research & Analytics to generate quantitative and qualitative insights to influence communications strategy and inform go-to-market plans / product positioning so what we're building adds the most possible value to the end consumer.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in media and content marketing, the broader online ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Create effective go-to-market plans considering value proposition, target audiences, competitive landscapes, and other factors by collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing.
- Develop and implement outbound marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness and adoption.
- Understand and effectively advocate for specific needs and sensitivities of consumers in both developed and emerging markets around the world.
- Develop, support and build a world-class marketing team by investing in and hiring excellent people, and supporting them with the resources and infrastructure to scale.
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
- 15+ years of experience in media and marketing communications.
- Experience building consumer entertainment experiences, and marketing programs.
- Experience in analytical online marketing.
- Understanding of digital and mobile video and the entertainment and technology landscape both in the U.S. and internationally
- Direct and cross-functional management skills, including demonstrated experience being part of a leadership team.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top