Head of Consumer & Brand Marketing (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
This person will lead a team of marketers responsible for the entire product marketing and brand activation initiatives across WhatsApp globally. Specifically, the marketers on this team are responsible for bringing marketing insights to the product development process, bringing products or brand activation initiatives to market, and running integrated online and offline marketing campaigns globally. Importantly, this leader and team will be responsible for expected outcomes for all consumer and brand programs and campaigns â€" making it clear what the expected impact will be on company metrics and ROI.
The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, is a visionary leader and great people manager, and cares deeply about WhatsAppâ€™s mission. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsAppâ€™s Global Head of Marketing.
- Develop, support and build a world-class consumer marketing team by investing in and hiring excellent people, supporting them in their careers, and with advocating for the resources and infrastructure to scale the organization
- Be a champion for the consumer and generate quantitative and qualitative insights to influence product strategy, product positioning, and product launch strategy
- Develop and implement integrated global marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness and adoption and brand activation
- Work effectively with and consistently influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, including Marketing Research & Analytics, Media Buying, and Creative
- Successfully manage a budget to drive impact and ROI through marketing programs
- 15+ years of experience launching & scaling consumer apps or products, and activating and building consumer brands
- Demonstrated experience in analytical online and offline marketing
- Experience working with local and international media and creative agencies
- Demonstrated experience in building and scaling teams, influencing cross-functional teams, and being part of a leadership team
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Passion for or experience with global mobile technology products and brands in emerging markets
Back to top