Head of Connectivity and Access Policy, APAC
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org’s partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with developers, organizations, governments and businesses for bringing affordable Internet with relevant services to the unconnected. As Head of Connectivity and Access Policy, APAC, you will work closely with policymakers, regulators, industry associations, businesses, civil society and academics across the APAC region to build understanding and support for connectivity initiatives aimed at bringing the unconnected online. You will work closely with the Internet.org team to shape our initiatives and build relationships with stakeholders to ensure impact as these projects deliver to millions of unconnected people affordable and relevant digital services and tools. You will also be responsible for all regulatory issues impacting Mobile Internet for the Facebook family of applications and services.Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications policy issues. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills and share our vision of making the world more open and connected. This role is full-time and will be based in Singapore.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Internet.org in APAC, particularly in Southeast Asia
- Work in partnership with internal teams on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics for connectivity initiatives
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Monitor, manage and engage on all regulatory and policy issues impacting mobile Internet for the Facebook family of applications and services
- Advise Internet.org teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and NGOs on technology policy issuesRepresent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Internet.org policy issues across the region
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of Internet.org
- 12+ years of professional experience
- 10+ years of public policy experience in the technology market
- 10+ years working with APAC political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional teams
- Proven coalition-building and external representation and negotiation skills
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor degree required, Master is preferred
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top