Head of Community Escalations, Americas, Risk and Response
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Our North America CO Escalations Manager will be responsible for managing a high-performing team within Risk & Response's Global Escalations team. Our leader will ensure that we build a deep understanding of issues impacting our community, build strong, strategic relationships with stakeholders across the business, and provide direction, coaching, and mentorship to a diverse, motivated team of individual contributors and managers responsible for resolving and responding to the most complex and challenging issues facing our users. He/she will work to improve the overall escalations experience for our users. You will help shape the team's long-term vision, devise and drive global goals, and identify opportunities to drive change to help Facebook provide the best support for our communities and users.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of regional managers and individual contributors
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals by providing superb 1:1 support, and enabling deeper, more scalable solutions
- Help shape regional team vision and establish team goals, in partnership with global peers
- Work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence team strategy through effective communication
- Lead strategic tools, systems, and data projects to help the team analyze trends and delivering insights to define goals and improve processes
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, develop global solutions across operations and policy
- Regularly communicate and interface with leadership and global executives in crisis management situations
- Advocate for users within their regional market, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to content relating to offensive images and writings, offensive or derogatory language, or other offensive or controversial material
- Operations domain experience: 6+ years of experience working in large-scale operations, domains such as online operations, escalations, informational systems, compliance, crisis/risk management, policy, legal operations or management consulting
- Leadership: 2+ years of people management experience with proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Experience managing people managers remotely
- Communication: Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- BS/BA Degree
- Experience managing remotely, across global regions
- Advanced degree in business, policy, information systems, legal, etc.
Back to top