Head of Communications, North Cone
(Mexico City, Mexico)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Head of Communications to lead the company's work in Mexico, Colombia and Central America. The successful candidate will be a strategist and strong team player, with a track record of developing and executing communications campaigns, excellent writing skills and press relations. The role is hands-on, and will manage proactive and reactive communications, from strategy to messaging to execution. This position is based in Mexico City, and will report to the Communications Director for Latin America.
- Develop and execute communications strategies and initiatives to support Facebook's product, platform, monetization, consumer and policy efforts in Mexico, Colombia, and Central America
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in California
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about core Facebook products and initiatives
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including consumer, business and advertising trade outlets
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products
- Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs
- Manage agency support. Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Minimum bachelors' degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years professional experience, both in-house or agency preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people and managerial skills - need to be able to work with people at all levels, of different nationalities and manage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of Mexico, Colombia and Central America business and regulatory landscape
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Experience of complex policy issues on a national or international basis. Experience in the internet technology industry a plus
- Passion for Facebook essential
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top