Head of Communications, Europe (Whatsapp)
WhatsApp is looking for someone to lead communications for our company in Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our communications strategy for Europe and executing initiatives in countries across the region that reflect the joy of using WhatsApp. They will also highlight our growing products for businesses and educate people about our privacy and security features, including end-to-end encryption. We are looking for someone who brings relationships with media and opinion leaders and has a proven track record of executing high-profile, creative campaigns and handling corporate issues and public affairs matters. This is a hands-on role with significant day-to-day responsibilities and an opportunity to grow a communications practice in one of our most important regions.
- Create and implement a long term communications strategy for WhatsApp in Europe to support WhatsApp's brand, our growing tools for businesses, and deep commitment to the privacy and security of our users.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and opinion leaders.
- Own executions of public relations programs â€" from proactive pitches highlighting positive uses of the product to feature launches, partnerships or marketing campaigns as well as handling issues as they arise.
- Manage external PR agencies to support these efforts.
- Work with cross-functional teams both in London - to include policy and partnerships - as well as leaders in California.
- 10-12+ years of professional experience in communications and public relations in the U.K. and Europe.
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Experience working with tech, corporate, and mass media including a track record of developing campaigns that have achieved their goals.
- Excellent communications and decision-making skills.
- Self starter that with a desire to build out our communications efforts across Europe. Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit
- Posted: Wednesday 14th November 2018
- Closing date: Wednesday 12th December 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top