Head of Business Development & Partnerships - WhatsApp
WhatsApp is seeking an experienced leader to head business development and partnerships, globally. As one of the world's largest communications services, we aim to build long term, impactful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders and manage C-suite relationships to deliver mutually beneficial products and services. Additionally, as the company expands into new business opportunities, we will want the voice of our global partners reflected in our strategy and in the investments we are making. This leader will grow and mentor a high-performing global team that works very closely with our product and engineering teams and partners cross-functionally with legal, policy, sales and marketing to negotiate on behalf of WhatsApp. This is a full-time role reporting into Facebook's business development organization based in our main office in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead, grow, and mentor a global team of experienced business development professionals.
- Identify new partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives including but not limited to business API, payments, product integrations and app distribution.
- Manage relationships with key players and platform holders in the tech ecosystem including Apple, Google, global Telecommunications providers and payments providers.
- Partner with WhatsApp's policy team to educate policy makers in each region where needed on new product efforts, and with sales and marketing to develop revenue generating opportunities.
- Identify new strategic opportunities for the company via partner input and work collaboratively across all functions to scope and prioritize these efforts.
- Deep understanding of WhatsApp products and technology to inform and influence our product roadmap and support, and execute on product plans.
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- 15+ years experience working in business development
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies
- Proven track record of building and scaling world class teams
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience
Back to top