Head of Business Development & Partnerships - Blockchain
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to head business development and partnerships for its blockchain efforts. The blockchain team is a startup within Facebook, with a vision to make blockchain technology work at Facebook scale and improve the lives of billions of people around the world. The Head of BD and Partnership team will play a key role in shaping and pushing forward this vision by bringing the voice of our global partners to inform our product, strategy and investments while also negotiating and closing deals to realize the vision. This leader will grow and mentor a high-performing global team that works very closely with our product and engineering teams and partners cross-functionally with legal, policy, sales and marketing to negotiate on behalf of Facebook. This is a is full-time role reporting into Facebook's business development organization based in our main office in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead, grow, and mentor a global team of experienced business development professionals.
- Identify new partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives and partner segments including financial institutions, merchants, and technology companies.
- Partner with the policy team to educate policymakers in each region where needed on new product efforts.
- Identify new strategic opportunities for the company via partner input and work collaboratively across all functions to scope and prioritize these efforts.
- Deep understanding of blockchain product and technology to inform and influence our product roadmap and support, and execute on product plans.
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- 15+ years experience working in business development
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in complex, first-of-their-kinds deals with large and small companies across industries
- Proven track record of building and scaling teams
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience
Back to top