Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Hardware/Mechatronics Engineer at Oculus Research, you will develop state of the art prototype architectures, mechanisms, and solutions for next generation AR and VR devices that can create transformative experiences. You will be part of a team exploring new concepts through analytical modeling and fast iterative prototyping. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical, mechanical, robotics, firmware, and software. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can work collaboratively with a wide range of disciplines. Starting with a broad scientific and strong mechanical background, be willing to become a quick expert in a new area and quickly build new prototypes and mechanisms. We're looking for a hands-on builder of mechanical systems that can enable new research into human-computer interaction.
- Provide programming and device setup and troubleshooting support for the planning and execution of cutting-edge research to advance the state of the art in haptic interaction.
- Develop mechanisms, control algorithms, and models
- Collaborate with other engineers, and researchers to prototype hardware and software solutions, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, robotics, computer engineering, or similar areas.
- 3+ years of experience developing or working with mechatronic and/or haptic devices, device design, control algorithms.
- 3+ years of experience with system building in C++, including evaluation design.
- Strong grasp of user study design and execution
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal engines
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top