Hardware Validation Lead
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Hardware Validation Lead, you will be responsible for managing and executing board and system level validations of our products under development. To be successful, you need a breadth of experience across several electrical engineering domains, including: SoC, memory, high speed interfaces power, audio, display, camera, RF, power management etc. You will also have the opportunity to organize validation efforts efficiently and report status to the team. As a lead, you should be prepared to be highly motivated, detail oriented and insist on the highest standards.
- Lead Hardware Validation and performance characterization by developing and executing comprehensive test plans for each program at every phase.
- Work closely with the other product teams and ensure alignment of validation and characterization plans.
- Validate the signal integrity, power integrity, protocol compliance, co-existing, and eco-system interoperability. Characterize power consumption and device run time.
- Provide expert root cause and corrective action support to resolve any and all issues found.
- Track validation progress, present data, draft whitepapers, and represent status at milestone reviews.
- Plan and budget lab equipment needs to ensure we have the capability to measure and debug all interfaces and technologies.
- Manage interaction with third party test labs and contract manufacturing partners.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations to support validation strategy.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in consumer electronics or related fields, proven understanding of overall hardware system architecture common to consumer electronics products.
- Experience with high speed interface validation and standards compliance.
- Working knowledge of the latest standards and industry trends in USB, HDMI, PCIe, MIPI, etc.
- History of developing validation best practices.
- Technical breadth in at least two multiple consumer electronic domains - signal integrity, power/battery management, RF, Audio, sensors.
- Experience working on hardware system coexistence and interoperability etc.
- Interpersonal skills and experience to indirectly manage and drive various cross-functional team members (EE, SW, RF, Audio, PD, etc.).
- Experience working with overseas development and manufacturing partners.
- Master in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields, proven understanding of overall hardware system architecture common to consumer electronics products
- 7+ years of experience with high speed interface validation and standards compliance
- 10+ years of experience in consumer product or IC validation
- Desire to define, document, and continuously improve test processes to increase our test coverage based on lessons learned
- Experience interacting with test equipment vendors and knowledge of state-of-the-art test equipment
- Experience managing lab equipment selection and budgeting to support next-generation interface protocols
- Working experience working with android and tool chain. Experience Creating test scripts
- Fluent in Mandarin
Back to top