Hardware Test Engineer - Optics & Calibration
The Optics characterization and Calibration Test Engineer applies the highest level of skill and knowledge of Opti-mechanical principles in designing optics test architecture and developing calibration algorithms. You will drive the conceptual test design with engineering in early product exploration stage and validate with first article design in the lab for proof of engineering. You will lead the deployment of hardware test systems with manufacturing partners and third-party integrators during NPI build once concept design is well proven. You will be leading in troubleshooting station hardware/software issues on test equipment and systems. You will also lead overall product test strategy, evaluate test equipment and qualification processes based on production metrics, and lead and facilitate integration of test systems into our existing data tracking networks and factory control systems (MES/ShopFlow). You will be designing and documenting new manufacturing equipment with standardization and reliability as a priority and creating test plans for validating existing equipment. The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual working in a cross-functional team environment and will be responsible for planning the design, development, and implementation of factory test systems. You will enforce manufacturability, testability and ensure cost-effective designs are implemented for testing and automation systems, software, and equipment. This position will have responsibilities for NTI and NPI test development and bridge to sustaining support of production.
- Develop test, characterization and calibration algorithm for Optical components and subsystems.
- Develops test specifications, procedures, and debug guides for test solutions.
- Lead functional group and drive cross-functional decisions on test development and architecture.
- Validation of test SW releases, including repeatability and negative testing, and coordinate SW upgrades with fixture integrator and CM/JDM partners.
- Capable of troubleshooting and debugging test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Oversee rollout and validation of SW/FW releases at manufacturing partner.
- Coordinates third-party test integrators in designing, developing and fabricating test systems.
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes.
- Travel required: maximum 40%, includes domestic (Seattle) and international travels.
- Bachelor's degree in Optical, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science with 8+ years' experience as a test engineer in consumer electronics or related field.
- Experience designing and executing development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to service, troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems.
- Experience in developing hardware test solutions utilizing both internal and third-party vendors on below subjects: image processing and computer vision, optical test & calibration automation.
- Knowledge with structure and assembly of optical systems (lens system, digital imaging system and/or display OLED/LCD panels).
- Experience performing optical and image quality characterization of the lens and camera module.
- Knowledge in statistical methods (6s, SPC, Cpk) for data analytics.
- Experience with scripting language Python.
- Experience in C++, Visual Basic, LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW and/or TestStand.
- Experience with leading high volume display/optics module calibration test in shipping products.
Back to top