Hardware Test Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Hardware Test Engineer applies the highest level of skill and knowledge of electrical and electro-mechanical principles in determining equipment and machinery malfunctions and restoring equipment to normal operation. You will drive the development and deployment of hardware test systems with manufacturing partners and third-party integrators. You will be heavily involved in troubleshooting software issues on test equipment and automation systems. You will help define overall product test strategy, evaluate test equipment and qualification processes, and lead and facilitate integration of test systems into our existing data tracking networks and factory control systems. You will be designing and documenting new manufacturing equipment with standardization and reliability as a priority and creating test plans for validating existing equipment.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual working in a cross functional team environment and will be responsible for planning the design, development, and implementation of factory test systems. You will enforce manufacturability, testability and ensure cost-effective designs are implemented for testing and automation systems, software, and equipment.
This position will have responsibilities for NPI test development and sustaining support of production released test and automation systems. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways.
- Drive tester design and development including hardware test coverage, efficiency/yield, cost management, space utilization, and development schedule.
- Develops test specifications, procedures, and debug guides for test solutions.
- Validation of test SW releases, including repeatability and negative testing, and coordinate SW upgrades with CM/JDM partners.
- Capable of troubleshooting and debugging test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Oversee rollout and validation of SW/FW releases at manufacturing partner.
- Coordinates third-party test integrators in designing, developing and fabricating test systems.
- Develop and modify test sequences including measurement and calibration algorithms.
- Works closely with other functional groups (TPMs, Electrical Engineering, software/firmware Engineering) to bring the test systems development from the R&D stage all the way through to mass production.
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, ideally BSEE or BS Computer Engineering with 5+ years' experience as a test engineer in high volume consumer electronics or related field.
- Experience with scripting language Python (additional experience in C++, Visual Basic, LabWindows/CVI, LabView and/or TestStand preferred).
- Expertise in developing complex hardware test solutions utilizing both internal and third-party vendors.
- Familiarity with black-box validation approach is required, unit testing experience is desirable.
- Proven experience introducing and qualifying manufacturing test solutions to production facilities.
- Ability to design and execute development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to service, troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems.
- Require knowledge in statistical methods (6s, SPC, Cpk) for data analysis in production control processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and team collaboration skills required
- Travel required: up to 40%
- Experience with display, camera, sensor and LED calibration is highly desired.
- Experience using JMP preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top