Hardware Systems Engineer, Storage
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Systems Engineer to join our Storage Hardware Design Team. Our storage hardware which is deployed at various rapidly scaling Facebook datacenter infrastructure provides high-efficiency platforms upon which our innovative services are delivered. You will work closely with the storage hardware engineering design and validation teams to design, test, validate and optimize hardware. Our current designs are published through the Open Compute foundation at http://www.opencompute.org (http://www.opencompute.org/)/. This is a rare opportunity to join our team and help us build the world's most open and innovative storage platforms
- Work as part of the storage hardware team to design, develop, and test the Facebook storage platforms.
- Collaborate with software and capacity management teams to develop specifications of our storage hardware, including in-depth performance analysis of various Facebook software environments on upcoming hardware designs.
- Work closely with hardware industry vendors and partners to identify, develop, test, and deploy the right technology for the Facebook storage designs.
- Work with our site operations team to understand the installation, operation and maintenance considerations within our data centers and incorporate feedback into the designs.
- Work closely with subject matter experts across Facebook to bring disparate technologies together to produce the most efficient storage platform possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field
- Experience with x86 server hardware, networking and IO stacks, scale-out storage systems, and large-scale Infrastructure
- 5+ years of design and test experience with PCIe / NVMe, SAS, SATA and other storage interfaces
- 3+ years of experience working with SSDs and other NVM technologies
- Familiar with server and storage hardware design and troubleshooting
- Communications skills
- Evaluate and ability adopt to new hardware and software platforms architectures
- Experience with object and block storage applications
- Experience in designing storage hardware platforms for datacenter applications
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top