Hardware Systems Engineer - RTP
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our RTP (Release to Production) â€" Infrastructure Sustaining team. This team is responsible for the hardware health of all of Facebookâ€™s servers. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure operates and hence hardware health is critical for services to be delivered. Engineers on the Infrastructure Sustaining team will work closely with compute, storage, network, and datacenter operations teams to maintain the hardware health of the entire fleet at a high level. This is a full-time position based in Dublin.
- Interface with outside vendors and internal hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture to develop and execute the test suites for various architectures
- Proactively create experiments and tooling to detect and diagnose hardware health issues
- Implement remediations across software and hardware stack according to plan, while keeping a thorough procedural record and data log
- Develop and publish updates on resolutions and communicate findings internally
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and root cause of system failures and isolate the components / failure scenarios while working with internal & external stakeholders
- Develop visibility through data visualization and implement systemic solutions to hardware health issues
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in compute and/or storage hardware
- Linux and scripting ability (Preferably Python)
- Familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, power meters, air flow chambers
- Must be hands on in changing system configurations and measuring change impact
- Familiar with server architecture and components
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Communications skills
- Data center server hardware
- Experience in programming and/or tooling development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top