Hardware System Engineer, Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Validation Engineer, Intern to join our Release to Production Engineering team. Come learn about our cutting edge power and hardware architecture, which has one of the most efficient infrastructures in the industry. Our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware System Engineer, Intern to join our Release to Production Engineering team. Come learn about our cutting edge power and hardware architecture, which has one of the most efficient infrastructures in the industry. Our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. You will also find out what a large scale of server fleet needs on tooling as well as how we build and verify
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture
- Drive hardware optimizations by creating hardware, thermal, and mechanical test plans for server hardware
- Execute tests according to plan, while keeping a thorough procedural record and data log
- Create automated test infrastructure, through the use of scripted languages and remotely controlled test equipment
- Develop and publish test plans, reports and communicate findings to team members
- Diagnose and root cause hardware and system failures
- Pursuing a degree in electrical or computer engineering, or related field.
- Familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meters, data acquisition systems, air flow chambers
- Coding experience with Python, Ruby, C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience in hacking, prototyping and/or overclocking
- Familiar with latest server and CPU architecture and system-level components
Back to top