Hardware Engineering Program Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Hardware Engineering Program Manager who has experience in hardware teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Day-to-day program management of the needs of the Building 8 Electrical Engineering team.
- Own and organize project activities, board and flex design spins
- Contribute to the EE process flow and improve the EE design methodology on regular basis
- Coordinate activities of the internal team with CM/JDM teams
- Keep track of various program activities and be ready to provide status updates on short notice
- Help coordinate the activities of the EE team with other cross-functional teams.
- Act as an early warning system for risks and road blocks.
- Support team management in resolving issues and mitigating program risks
- Create trackable, readable, and actionable program schedules populated with the intricacies of EE process flow.
- Help the team organize and simplify large amounts of data, files, and internal directories.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- Hands-on engineering program management driving key programs as an individual contributor
- Experience with consumer electronics products, mobile platforms and audio and video technologies.
- Experience in leveraging CM and JDM teams for remote development.
- Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, PCB's, FPC's, fab process, tools/flows and methodologies and life cycle
- Ability to multi-task and manage designs across several projects simultaneously.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top