Hardware Engineering Lead
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to push the state-of-the-art for hardware at our research location in Pittsburgh, PA. As a Hardware Engineering Lead at Oculus Research, you will both be a small team manager (3-6 people) and work as an individual contributor (IC). A team lead works with team members: guiding career growth; establishing/tracking goals; and insuring that various projects are getting proper support. A key component of leadership is the ability to see the "big picture" so that you insure the key project elements are being properly addressed. As an IC, you'll design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer virtual reality experiences. You will become part of a project team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The projects will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we're looking for a unique individual comfortable both with analog, and digital system design. The analog circuits will include: sensor systems, actuation systems, amplifiers, power supplies, and interfaces into digital systems. The digital circuits will be real-time systems using uControllers, uProcessors, and FPGAs from simple to large. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with mixed high-speed digital/analog systems.
- Design and prototyping of electrical systems in virtual reality experiments.
- Lead and collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Design, simulate, and test digital/analog circuits.
- Build schematics, complete board layouts, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- Specify components
- 2+ years experience in a team lead or management role
- 5+ years of experience in digital/analog electrical system board design
- BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Experience in using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top